Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's Time for "WIP Wednesday!"

I almost didn't do this.  I thought about this the other day, and felt it would be a perfect way for me to show what I'm doing in my knitting, crocheting and sewing.  I was so tired today, I almost blew it off.   But, I am calling myself to the carpet, and I think if I'm going to truly COMMIT, (my word of the year) I need to step up to the plate and just bare it all, as it were.


What is a WIP you ask?  Why, it's a "Work-In-Progress", and I have a lot.  Too many, maybe.


Here they are:


Knit project #1 - seed stitch
scarf for myself using Patons wool

Knit project #2 - waffle stitch and stockinette stitch
sleeveless shell for myself using Cotton Ease

Knit Project #3 - Alluvia felted purse
for myself, using Patons wool
(What I am currently working on)

Knit Project #4 - Ten Stitch blanket
using scrap yarns

Last but not least, Knit Project #5 - drop stitch scarf
for my mom's b-dayusing Sensations brushed acrylic
 (gotta finish by 1/14 - going to mom's house then)

==================================

Crochet project #1 - large purse
for me, using Loops & Threads Kaleidoscope

Crochet project #2 - market bag
using Bernat cotton twists

Crochet project #3 - sweater using same yarn
as my mom's scarf, mixed with an unknown wool yarn
taken from a vintage 1970s magazine

I am hoping that by posting this list, I can help myself in a number of ways.

1 - Keep me from starting anything else until I finish these that I've started.
2 - By giving a weekly tally, (or at least bi-monthly?) I will see my progress and feel satisfied.
3 - Show myself that if I COMMIT myself to my work, I can accomplish many lovely things.

My ultimate goal will be to move these items from the WIP Wednesday list over to the Finished Project Friday list! :0)

For now,

Kat



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love the way you illustrated your point and why commit is such a good word for you. Here's to you finishing up all of those and all the new ones you start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! - I am determined to make this word mean something to me, and not just an empty noise emitting from my mouth :0)

      Delete