Sunday, January 8, 2012

For 2012, my word is "COMMIT"

A friend of mine, Linda, has joined a group called the Fly Tribe, which is a group of women who're committed to making their art a focus in their lives.  The people who are members joined an e-course titled "Flying Lessons", offered by a woman Kelly Rae Roberts, who has been very successful in her entrepreneurial works.  She has authored a book based on this same concept of following your passion, and although I did not take the course, my friend, Linda, did.


Based on my friend's ravings about this course, it looks like it could be worth the investment.


Anyway, the women taking this course are calling themselves the Fly Tribe, based on how they felt after taking the course - they are ready to spread their wings and "take off!".  They decided to have a "blog-along" where they are all blogging about their word they have chosen for themselves for 2012.  


I decided this could be good concept for anyone, and I cannot think of a better word for me, than "COMMIT".


I want to commit myself to all that I set out to do, such as,


COMMIT to keeping my online  SewVintageRooster business on Etsy flowing with new items on a consistent basis.


COMMIT to spreading the word about my at-home Etsy business, so I can obtain more customers/purchases of my goods.


COMMIT to keeping my creative side flowing by embarking on the projects I have ideas for, and taking them to another level of investigating the fairs market, or the local small boutique shops and whether these would be a good place for my wares.


COMMIT to keeping my diet in a good place so that I keep my blood sugars in a good place.


COMMIT to finishing all that I start, so that I can feel a sense of accomplishment.


COMMIT to maintaining my blog, so that I can establish a connection with more people interested in what I have to offer.


COMMIT to keeping my social connections with people I care about and maintain a vibrant and healthy relationship with those I now know and new people I want to connect with.


COMMIT to my relationship with my spouse in a new and refreshing way so that we can grow to a good place in our later years.


COMMIT to myself - believe in myself - have faith that I can accomplish all that I set out to do.


What is YOUR word for 2012?  Give it a thought - I welcome your comments.

39 comments:

  1. KatJoy, so glad you decided to hop along with the FlyTribe! Commit...you have certainly applied that to a variety of areas in your life. I wish you a fulfilling year.

    Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words - I'm glad I've visited your group's blog-along.

      Delete
  2. Hi!! So excited about our words!!!

    I am going to ALLOW!

    Commit is a grand word and sounds like you are well on your way!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the goals you have COMMITted to !! Happy new year enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to the tribe! LOVE your commitments to yourself. May 2012 bring you ease in keeping them. Wishing you all the best! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind words and encouragement - thank you! All the best to you also...

      Delete
  5. So happy you joined us in the fun! Thank you for sharing your word choice and list to go with it. You can do it!

    Happy wishes to you...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is fun! I appreciate your encouraging words - have a wonderful day :0)

      Delete
  6. So happy to have you join us! Great word. You have some wonderful ideas how to use this year to help you grow and learn. Keep us posted how you like the Flying Lessons class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my word too. I'm glad you appreciate what I've posted. I do try my best to think about these things. I do hope to take the Flying Lessons - we will see...:0)

      Delete
  7. Hi KatJoy! Thanks for the blog comment about the hooked coin purses - I left a response on the post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still new to this blogging thing - don't know how to respond to each of you like I've seen on other people's blogs. I just want to thank each and every one of you for the wonderful comments and encouragement - COMMITed to making this year MY year! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for flying along with us! Commit is a powerful word and I hope it brings good things your way in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so great that you joined in our hop, it was a nice surprise to see as I am hopping along. May you have an amazing year committing to all your dreams in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May you also have your dreams be realized - I think this group has a very positive vibe flowing about it - it can be contagious!

      Delete
  11. Great word choice! Wishing you a year of committing to all of your heart's desires!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining the hop! May you commit to all that you believe and dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the same for you - glad to be among such positive people and their words of encouragement - thank you!

      Delete
  13. So happy that you are "flying" with us! Excellent choice of words! Have a creative 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie - I hope your 2012 is just as spectacular :0)

      Delete
  14. Super fun that you joined the hop! Commit is really important! All the best for you in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why it's my word choice - I need to focus on how important MY work is for ME - now that my kids are older and don't need "mommy" - I have more time! They're still at home, but self sufficient ;0)
      Thank you...

      Delete
  15. Happy to have you hop along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you joined us for our blog hop of words. You made up a wonderful list of ways that you are hoping to commit. I wish you the best the 2012.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm so glad for all the comments and words of encouragement - :0)

      Delete
  17. Commit is a great word and has brought you some inspiring goals for 2012. What a wonderful feeling, to commit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Mary - I am thankful that I am following through with my intentions, as I am placing it as a priority for myself, for many reasons :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So happy that you decided to join us on out blog hop. What a pleasant surprise to see that we've inspired you. You have a powerful word for 2012! Good luck in all your commitments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Commit is powerful, and if you do it well, I am sure you will see great results! Thanks for joining us on e Hop!

    ReplyDelete