Wednesday, May 14, 2014

New Sewing Machine! A Juki HZL F600

This past week I received my new sewing machine through the mail.  It's a Juki HZL F600.  It took forever to figure out which one I wanted, as I originally thought I would like to stay with an embroidery/sewing combo machine, which is what my most recent machine was, a Viking Designer SE.
Then, I took a hard look at what exactly it is I would like in a machine, and abandoned the embroidery aspect.  I am figuring that if I want to do embroidery, I will buy a dedicated embroidery machine.  Many reviews of people owning the more sophisticated combination machines state they wish they could be sewing while the embroidery is going.
So far, my Juki seems to have all kinds of bells and whistles worthy of praise and admiration. There's the drop-in bobbin, with a clear cover, so I can see when my thread is getting low.  There is the separate bobbin winder motor, so I don't wear down the main sewing motor.  Then there is the auto needle threader, the thread cutter (this machine actually has a total of five different areas/ways in which to cut thread - awesome!), a presser foot adjustment, a knee lifter for two handed manipulation when you need two hands to keep the fabric in place while adjusting the direction of sewing, a cellphone style keypad that is quite easy to understand and navigate, a free arm, a button hole foot with sensor technology (more on that later - there are over 15 button hole styles on this baby) ten programmable files for stitch pattern saving, over 200 different stitches, including ones specifically for quilting, two led lights, and a very large quilting/working table extension.
Juki is known for its industrial machines, used in many textile factories, small businesses.  Their presence in the household market is not as infiltrated as perhaps Brother, Janome, Bernina, et.al., are, but I would like to help change that.



You can watch a video of my explanation of all my machine's capabilities here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1ez7e0D35k&list=HL1400115414&feature=mh_lolz


No comments:

Post a Comment